Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Midnight Blues For Them Winter Blues | Julep Maven Welcome Box

"Michelle" // Julep

Hello everyone! Seems like winter's still in full swing, so I thought it would be appropriate to sport something blue to match my winter blues.  Just kidding, I'm not blue; I actually love the colder months where I can layer up!  Anyway, recently I have seen quite a bit of advertising for the free Julep Maven boxes, so I caved and signed myself up. When you get to the website, you're instructed to take a quiz regarding what kind of style you're into and that determines what you'll get in your Welcome Box, as well as your monthly boxes if you choose to stick with the subscription.  I ended up with "Boho Glam,"
which I was extremely satisfied with because Boho Glam is exactly how I would describe my style!  In my Boho Glam Welcome Box, I received two full size nail polishes and a full size Julep Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum, and I only had to pay shipping!

To be quite honest, I only signed up because I wanted the free products (I'm sure many people do that!), but after using the products and reading about the company, I feel like this is a beauty subscription that I will stick to for a couple months.  Julep is a company run by women and they're all for empowering women, which is something that I really admire about them.  Their nail polishes are "4-free," meaning they only contain ingredients that are safe to use with people of all ages.  Along with that, their polish formula is one of the best that I've encountered! It applies smoothly with no streaks, it's not goopy and thick, and it dries quickly (my favorite part!).  I'd have to say it beats the Deborah Lippmann and Chanel polishes that I have.

If you're interested in receiving the Julep Maven box, click here for more info!

What are your favorite nail polish brands? Let me know in the comments, because I'm a HUGE nail junkie!

I hope you all found this post helpful! Stay warm wherever you are! :)

xoxo,
Amy

18 comments:

  1. i love those blues! currently rocking some pink but love the blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This nail polish is still going strong, but I may switch it up to something more Valentine-y!

      Delete
  2. love that royal blue! i definitely lovee any nail polish that's not streaky! oh, and cheap! ;) lovee the post babe! <3

    love always,
    Karina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, definitely not a fan of streaky nail polish! Thanks for checking out my blog :))

      Delete
  3. love this blue color :D
    look cool

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous colour!!
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. That color is fabulous! I love how rich and dark it is... definitely my kind of color. :) I'm so tempted so sign up for Julep because their colors are always so unique.

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey beauty ,nice blog :) would you like if we follow each other on gfc and blog? let me know what do you think ? Regards from Bosnia ♥
    http://obsessionwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice colour! I haven't tried them yet but the Marc Jacobs nail colours look great!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute post:)



    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/11612501

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a pretty blue. You have gorgeous nails darling!
    You have such a beautiful blog here and I appreciate the effort you put into your posts. I surely will be coming regularly from now on. Keep such wonderful posts coming. xx
    Also I have an International Giveaway going on my blog where you could win accessories worth $25. It would be great if you could lend your support and enter it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful color

    love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous colour, it sounds like a treat to apply too! I love Chanel polishes, but if you say you like this even more so than them, I'm already sold!x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lovely color! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete